Political campaigns, PACs, and related entities can be send registered traffic over 10DLC. As of August 2021, the pathway has been cleared (with a few caveats, of course).
Campaign Verify is the "official vetting" organization for political campaigns wishing to utilize 10DLC. Every campaign must obtain a Campaign Verify token. This token is used when registering the political organization with Campaign Registry.
- Campaign Verify charges a one time fee of $95.
- Tokens are valid until January 2023.
- Information required includes either the FEC ID or some sort of state/local website where Campaign Verify can authenticate the campaign is legitimate.
- Turn around time for vetting can be 1-10 days. If the email the registrants email, Campaign Verify must utilize US Mail to send the token — a time consuming process. If the email on file matches, they will deliver the code via email — typically within 24 hours.
- The token received is typically a 6-digit code. Organizations will forward that code to your service provider (Prompt) for use in Campaign Registry.
Campaign Registry is the carrier-sponsored entity responsible for registering all 10DLC traffic. Your service provider (Prompt) will register your organizattion.
Information needed includes address, EIN (Employer Identification Number), and sample message content.